Wednesday 11 September 2019

Spring!

Here in Australia, 1st September is the official start of Spring.  Last Thursday we had a beautiful sunny day for our meeting.

We had two visitors today.  Darleen, our founding member, came along for the first time in ages, and Dale Larsen from Drummoyne Rotary came to give us an update on their fundraising.

The Christmas in July fundraiser for Drought Relief was held in conjunction with Parkes Rotary and Canada Bay Council. There were over 100 attending. Auctions were held and 30% of funds raised came from the 4 quilts donated by our group. A total of $11,000 was raised on the day.

Bev took the 2 fiddle quilts I showed you in the last post to the Palliative Care Unit at Concord Hospital.  They were well received.  Two more have been made, and we have been requested to make 2 more.

The raffle held by Leichardt council with one of our quilts as the prize raised $120 for the Drought relief fund.

Here are the completed quilts brought in this week:

 
The two Fiddle quilts made this week.




 
Two cute little Teddy Bears to go with the beanies.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Dasha! Nice quilting work there! I think I lost your blog for a while after I got a new computer and had to re-find all my blogs (SO many!) I'm glad I've found you again!

    ReplyDelete