Wednesday 14 August 2019

Running Late

This afternoon I thought I should get a wriggle on and do a post for the last meeting, since the next one is tomorrow!  I didn't go to that meeting and Lesley very ably took the photos for me, and sent them through to me ages ago, so its not her fault!

Certificate and letter of appreciation received from Barnado’s for the quilts delivered to them last month.

Dale Larson, of Drummoyne Rotary, advised that the 3 quilts we donated for their Christmas in July event held to raise drought relief funds for the Parkes community, raised over $10,000 on the night.

Colleen and Bev took a bundle of adult beanies and scarves to be distributed to the Concord Hospital Palliative care unit.

There were heaps of lovely quilts came in this meeting.  Here they are in no particular order:

Ann made a couple of little baby wraps:


Roslyn brought in some baby wraps made by her group, the Wattlegrove Quilters:


Helen made 2 baby wraps:



and some crocheted scarves and beanies.


Jill made the next two quilts...



Maria brought in 2 quilts made by her friends.  The first one was made by Robyn and Mary:


And this one is by Mary.


I don't think Cheryl sleeps!  She brought in 5 quilts she made:






Besides that, she quilted this quilt made by Anne.


These two quilts were made by the ladies of the Trinity Grammar school craft group and Evelyn quilted them.



So that is it for now.  I promise I won't be slack, and I'll do the post for tomorrow's meeting promptly!

No comments:

Post a Comment