Saturday 5 February 2022

A Special Delivery

As I mentioned in my last post, we instigated our previous lockdown way of operating with a central point of drop off until the Centre where we meet reopens.  This has been hugely successful over summer, and the decision was made to make a special delivery to CWA Canberra.  This happened in the last week of January.

We received 21 quilts made and donated by Jacky and Val G,  and quilted by Sue Rowles, a professional long arm quilter from Camperdown.  Awesome effort ladies - a huge thank you!

of these quilts will be retained for possible raffle quilts. The remaining 18 quilts were part of a delivery to CWA Canberra.

These are the 18 quilts:








There were 2 identical to this next one, so I am only showing you one.


And 3 more quilts identical to this one, so I haven't posted them either.







Earlier this year, we were contacted by Effie B. through our Facebook page.  She donated two sweet tops.  These were quilted and have joined the donation to Canberra.



Thank you Effie.  I am sure they will be loved and appreciated.

This lot have been made by our members, and dropped off to our central collection point.












And here is the car - chock a block full of quilts, 31 in total, ready for delivery.


I'll be doing another post soon as we had our first face to face meeting for 2022 last week.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I mean WOW!! So many quilts donated is just awesome. Bravo ladies. I love the green with the black and white fabric. Oh. My. It's a bright quilt. I love it. I also love the rainbow one on royal blue. The sashing is just perfect. All are beautiful. Keep up the great work, ladies. ;^)

    ReplyDelete