We had a couple of extra people along today - Darlene doesn't get to many meetings these days and we also had a new member Jennifer (friend of Cheryl’s) join us. Welcome Jennifer.
Quite a few quilts were delivered:
- 13 quilts to Ronald McDonald House
- 7 quilts to the Erskinville part of the Leichhardt Women’s Community Health Centre
- 12 quilts to Concord Palliative Care Unit plus scarves and shawls
- 25 beanies to the Chris O'Brien Lighthouse (Cancer treatment centre in Camperdown)
- 14 quilts to the Orange branch of Life Without Barriers (Disability Support)
We didn't have many quilts this week. Not surprising since we had 2 blockbuster meetings earlier this year.
First two quilts are by Bev
Evelyn brought three quilts in.
This is Helen's crop of beanies of all sizes, a shawl, scarf and flannel wrap
And last but not least Robin.
Do you have an Instagram account? See our Hashtag is #stitchingheartsquilters, so come and take a peek and follow us there.
Our next meeting is on the 15th March - the Ides of March. According to the Web, that is the day the Romans set for settling debts, and was the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar. And I thought it was famous because of Shakespeare!